by Mary Huff
We live in the Digital Age. Consumers are given access to information at their fingertips and are instantly gratified. And although the web has changed our thinking about media in general, the one medium that people still love is MAGAZINES! Magazines offer a quick read on current topics that appeal to the reader.
As a Gym owner, a custom magazine can be an effective marketing tool and offer added value to your members. Rule #1 for a successful business is “Educate your customer.” Rule #2 is “Never let them see you sweat.” The marketplace is extremely competitive these days so it’s important to remain creative and aggressive within your approach.
A custom magazine can help your business:
- Strengthen your brand name.
- Become an educational resource with training articles and diet plans.
- Provide an effective selling tool and cost-effective advertising vehicle for ALL of your products including Sport Nutrition, apparel, equipment and membership/training.
- Create awareness of specialty classes, different training techniques, and equipment that only your location has to offer.
- Create a database list of consumers for promotional mailings and target marketing.
- Easily introduce innovative new products to your members and make them aware of merchandise they otherwise didn’t know you carried.
- Obtain leverage to co-brand marketing opportunities with more substantial companies both in and outside the industry.
A custom magazine can offer a platform for you to get exposure and promote seasonal and time-sensitive events on a local and regional by:
- Highlighting sponsorships.
- Supporting charity events.
- Endorsing special awards and ceremonies.
- Promoting contests.
- Creating an editorial panel of experts using leaders within your community.
- Using member testimonials, highlighting their personal success.
So why a magazine you ask? Well, despite the digital movement, magazines are intimate. They’re personal, visually appealing, offering a unique voice and addressing subjects of individual interest. Approximately 84% of all adults read and/or subscribe to a magazine.
And while readers understand that a custom magazine is partly a marketing tool, they welcome and take pleasure in reading branded content that stimulates, informs, and entertains them.
For an excellent example of a custom magazine, check out GGFA’s The VoicE. Each issue is full of educational and news that is relevant to your business. Click here to view the latest issue and past issues.
If you are interested in learning more about a Custom Digital Magazine, contact Mary Huff at firstname.lastname@example.org.